There are many ways to be involved with Chelsea Area Players. We are a community theatre organization of individuals, families, and businesses. We conduct meetings monthly throughout the year, as well as related activities. You can become involved at any level; it all depends on you! We welcome your enthusiasm and ideas. Lifelong friendships can form as a result of your involvement in community theatre.
Want to be on our mailing list? Simply contact us at email@example.com, and let us know your address and preference; either regular postal mail or email.
- On-stage (acting, singing, dancing, ensemble)
- Audition notices will be on the AUDITIONS page of this site and on our Facebook and Instagram pages.
- Staff positions (producer, artistic director, musical director, choreographer, costumer, etc.)
- Orchestra positions (summer show)
- See link for a contract/volunteer application form: CAP Contract/Volunteer Application
- Backstage (stage crew, props, lights, sound, etc.)
- Behind the Scenes (set design, construction, painting)
- Front of House (ticket sales, publicity, marketing)
- Sponsorships (cash, advertising, in-kind donations)
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let us know what you’d like to help out with for a show!
BECOME A MEMBER
Money raised through membership dues helps support the many projects and activities of Chelsea Area Players. If you would like to join us, click here. Memberships become effective upon payment of dues and are renewable annually.
The annual Membership Meeting is held in the Fall of each year, usually in September, and open to the public. Only members can vote at this yearly meeting, however. A notice will appear in the local paper and, of course, if you are a Member or on our mailing list you will be informed.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
An elected Board of Directors meets monthly to conduct the business of the organization. CAP Members or interested individuals may contact the President of the Board at email@example.com.
Members are extremely welcome to join in any of the committees led by members of the board of the directors. Please go to the Committees page for a complete list of all the different types of committees CAP Members can be a part of!
Chelsea Area Players has a vast array of props, set pieces, and costumes which are available for rent to individuals, other associate productions, or organizations and events. Want to try on a unique costume next Halloween or for a special party? Do you have an event coming up where you want something interesting such as a movable street lamp to be seen? The CAP Barn is a storehouse of costumes, sets, and props from our past shows available for rent. Our barn is located at the NE corner of the Chelsea High School football field on Freer Rd. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to set up an appointment.