Book, Music, and Lyrics by Jason Eyster
Vicky Wurster, Director; Larry Sumner Jr., Music Director
Production Description: Seeking performers to play principal and supporting roles for staged reading of this new musical.
Synopsis: A pharmacist strives to transform a small farm town into a modern city. He realizeshis dream but with tragic results for his family. A touching romantic drama, The Only Man in Town features a host of irresistible tunes, ranging from ballads to ragtime and swing.
- FRANK GLAZIER, Tenor/Baritone, must be a strong singer, dynamic and mercurial, he is both a dreamer and man of action and inspires or offends others easily, 30s HENRIETTA GLAZIER, Soprano, must be a strong singer, a warm, compassionate wife and mother, who must take charge to save her family, 30s
- HAROLD GLAZIER, Tenor, a rebellious young man, 20s
- EDITH EVANS, Soprano, a school teacher and Harold’s girlfriend, 20
- HARMON HOLMES, Baritone, the leading citizen of the town, a little pretentious, but committed to his community, 50s
- WILLIAM BACON, Tenor/Baritone, An irascible Scotsman and Frank’s enemy, 50s
- WILLIAM KNAPP, Tenor/Baritone, Frank’s devoted side-kick, 40s
Chorus (will be assigned individual bit parts as well):
- Four men
- Four women
- VERA GLAZIER, non-singing, many lines 6 to 10 years old HAROLD GLAZIER, non-singing, one line, 5 years old
Monday, March 25 and Tuesday, March 26, beginning at 5:30pm (only attend one day)
St. Mary Church, 14200 East Old U.S. Hwy. 12, Chelsea
6-9pm, St. Mary Church, 14200 East Old U.S. Hwy. 12, Chelsea
- Monday, April 1, Read-Thru, Song Introduction, Assign Bit Parts, Costume Discussion Tuesday, April 9, Music Rehearsal of the four choral numbers
- Thursday, April 11, Music Rehearsal for leads only
- Monday, April 15, Staged Run-through without songs Tuesday, April 23, Staged Run-through of all songs Thursday, April 25, Dress rehearsal of complete show
Monday, April 29 at 7 pm at the Chelsea Depot, 125 Jackson Street, Chelsea
We look forward to meeting you and hearing you sing at the auditions!
Shelley Wheaton, Co-Producer
720-317-9295 call/ text (preferred)
Jason Eyster, Co-Producer
Visit our Facebook page and watch this website for more information about CAP's production of "The Only Man in Town"!